Matt skydives for Calvert Trust
- Credit: Archant
Employees take the plunge and breaks his fund raising target.
A Lynton man has taken the plunge in a 15,000 feet sponsored tandem skydive to raise money for Calvert Trust Exmoor.
Matthew Pearce, 36, is part of the domestic team at the centre near Kentisbury and has so far raised £750.
He is hoping to reach at least £1,000 towards the Calvert Trust’s work providing activities for people with disabilities.
He completed his challenge at Dunkeswell Aerodrome, near Honiton, on Friday, May 3.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an amazing experience, and I am really pleased that my friends and family have ‘dug deep’ and supported me,” he said.
Rob Lott, head of communications at Calvert Trust Exmoor, added: “We would like to say a massive thank you to Matt for his bravery in going to extreme lengths to raise funds for CTE, he’s really put our strapline of ‘it’s what you CAN do that counts’ into action.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
Matt can still be sponsored via his JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/Matt1977.
If you would like to do something similar (or even slightly less adventurous!) in aid of Calvert Trust Exmoor we would really appreciate your help, please get in touch with Josh, our fundraiser, on email@example.com or phone him on 01598 763221.