Matt skydives for Calvert Trust
- Credit: Archant
Employees take the plunge and breaks his fund raising target.
A Lynton man has taken the plunge in a 15,000 feet sponsored tandem skydive to raise money for Calvert Trust Exmoor.
Matthew Pearce, 36, is part of the domestic team at the centre near Kentisbury and has so far raised £750.
He is hoping to reach at least £1,000 towards the Calvert Trust’s work providing activities for people with disabilities.
He completed his challenge at Dunkeswell Aerodrome, near Honiton, on Friday, May 3.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an amazing experience, and I am really pleased that my friends and family have ‘dug deep’ and supported me,” he said.
Rob Lott, head of communications at Calvert Trust Exmoor, added: “We would like to say a massive thank you to Matt for his bravery in going to extreme lengths to raise funds for CTE, he’s really put our strapline of ‘it’s what you CAN do that counts’ into action.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
Matt can still be sponsored via his JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/Matt1977.
If you would like to do something similar (or even slightly less adventurous!) in aid of Calvert Trust Exmoor we would really appreciate your help, please get in touch with Josh, our fundraiser, on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him on 01598 763221.