Matt skydives for Calvert Trust
- Credit: Archant
Employees take the plunge and breaks his fund raising target.
A Lynton man has taken the plunge in a 15,000 feet sponsored tandem skydive to raise money for Calvert Trust Exmoor.
Matthew Pearce, 36, is part of the domestic team at the centre near Kentisbury and has so far raised £750.
He is hoping to reach at least £1,000 towards the Calvert Trust’s work providing activities for people with disabilities.
He completed his challenge at Dunkeswell Aerodrome, near Honiton, on Friday, May 3.
“It was an amazing experience, and I am really pleased that my friends and family have ‘dug deep’ and supported me,” he said.
Rob Lott, head of communications at Calvert Trust Exmoor, added: “We would like to say a massive thank you to Matt for his bravery in going to extreme lengths to raise funds for CTE, he’s really put our strapline of ‘it’s what you CAN do that counts’ into action.”
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
Matt can still be sponsored via his JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/Matt1977.
If you would like to do something similar (or even slightly less adventurous!) in aid of Calvert Trust Exmoor we would really appreciate your help, please get in touch with Josh, our fundraiser, on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him on 01598 763221.