Maths genius off to Cambridge
A Shebbear College pupil will be off to a Cambridge college to study mathematics.
A PUPIL at Shebbear College has been offered a place at Trinity College, Cambridge.
Sam Cappelmann-Lynes will be reading mathematics at the prestigious college, after an impressive array of achievements.
Sam became the UK joint leader in the first stage of the British Mathematical Olympiad in December last year.
He also travelled to Hungary when he was invited to join a maths ‘training camp’ in preparation for the second stage of the Olympiad at the end of the month.
You may also want to watch:
Sam’s impressive knowledge of maths has led him to success in many competitions, including bringing the Devon Championship trophy back to Shebbear.
This was the second win in the championship for Shebbear College, which is organised by the UK Maths Trust.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
The staff at Shebbear College wish Sam the best of luck with his future success: “Although with these statistics behind him he won’t be requiring much luck.”