Maths genius off to Cambridge
A Shebbear College pupil will be off to a Cambridge college to study mathematics.
A PUPIL at Shebbear College has been offered a place at Trinity College, Cambridge.
Sam Cappelmann-Lynes will be reading mathematics at the prestigious college, after an impressive array of achievements.
Sam became the UK joint leader in the first stage of the British Mathematical Olympiad in December last year.
He also travelled to Hungary when he was invited to join a maths ‘training camp’ in preparation for the second stage of the Olympiad at the end of the month.
You may also want to watch:
Sam’s impressive knowledge of maths has led him to success in many competitions, including bringing the Devon Championship trophy back to Shebbear.
This was the second win in the championship for Shebbear College, which is organised by the UK Maths Trust.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
The staff at Shebbear College wish Sam the best of luck with his future success: “Although with these statistics behind him he won’t be requiring much luck.”