Maths genius off to Cambridge
A Shebbear College pupil will be off to a Cambridge college to study mathematics.
A PUPIL at Shebbear College has been offered a place at Trinity College, Cambridge.
Sam Cappelmann-Lynes will be reading mathematics at the prestigious college, after an impressive array of achievements.
Sam became the UK joint leader in the first stage of the British Mathematical Olympiad in December last year.
He also travelled to Hungary when he was invited to join a maths ‘training camp’ in preparation for the second stage of the Olympiad at the end of the month.
Sam’s impressive knowledge of maths has led him to success in many competitions, including bringing the Devon Championship trophy back to Shebbear.
This was the second win in the championship for Shebbear College, which is organised by the UK Maths Trust.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 9 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
The staff at Shebbear College wish Sam the best of luck with his future success: “Although with these statistics behind him he won’t be requiring much luck.”