‘Master plan’ for Ilfracombe Harbour
Councillors introduced to updated strategy for the harbour area — but nothing is being made public at this time.
ILFRACOMBE councillors were last night (Monday) introduced to the latest development strategy produced by Ilfracombe Harbour Board.
The draft document is an updated version of the 2009 strategy and covers a range of options for future development of the harbour area. It is hoped this will become the blueprint for any upcoming plans.
Councillor Geoff Fowler said it was an excellent document with a great deal of information that could point the way forward.
The document will be presented to North Devon councillors and officers before being circulated more widely.
You may also want to watch:
The council voted to support the document but with “strong reservations” relating to any residential development in the area of Larkstone Pleasure Ground.
Earlier in the evening and behind closed doors, the council heard the initial findings of a North Devon Council technical study of the harbour area presented by Ellen Vernon.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
No public details have been released at this stage but a spokesperson said it was carried out “in order to evaluate the viability of tourism orientated development options.”