‘Master plan’ for Ilfracombe Harbour
Councillors introduced to updated strategy for the harbour area — but nothing is being made public at this time.
ILFRACOMBE councillors were last night (Monday) introduced to the latest development strategy produced by Ilfracombe Harbour Board.
The draft document is an updated version of the 2009 strategy and covers a range of options for future development of the harbour area. It is hoped this will become the blueprint for any upcoming plans.
Councillor Geoff Fowler said it was an excellent document with a great deal of information that could point the way forward.
The document will be presented to North Devon councillors and officers before being circulated more widely.
You may also want to watch:
The council voted to support the document but with “strong reservations” relating to any residential development in the area of Larkstone Pleasure Ground.
Earlier in the evening and behind closed doors, the council heard the initial findings of a North Devon Council technical study of the harbour area presented by Ellen Vernon.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
No public details have been released at this stage but a spokesperson said it was carried out “in order to evaluate the viability of tourism orientated development options.”