Massive boost for a Bideford junior football club
THE Football Foundation has awarded a massive �192,248 grant to the Bideford Blues and Appledore Junior Football Club to completely refurbish its 10-year-old Astroturf facility. The funding will provide new floodlights, new fencing and the most up to dat
THE Football Foundation has awarded a massive �192,248 grant to the Bideford Blues and Appledore Junior Football Club to completely refurbish its 10-year-old Astroturf facility.
The funding will provide new floodlights, new fencing and the most up to date third generation artificial grass playing surface, with an increased playing surface area.
Funded by the Premier League, The Football Association and Government, the Football Foundation is the country's largest sports charity with a �40m budget going straight into the heart of football.
Bideford Blues & Appledore JFC was previously awarded a grant worth �400 towards new football strips and equipment through the Foundation's Junior Kit Scheme. The Foundation also awarded them �1,250 towards new goalposts through its Goalpost Safety Scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Thorogood, Chief Executive of the Football Foundation said: "We warmly congratulate Bideford Blues & Appledore JFC and the Devon County FA for their hard work and dedication in securing this award.
"Sport is playing a central role in helping people to stay fit, strengthen communities and promote responsibility amongst young people. This new project in Bideford is but one example of thousands across the country that the Football Foundation is supporting with money provided by our funding partners - the Premier League, The FA and Government."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
Bob Lovelace, Chairman of Bideford Blues & Appledore JFC, said: "After many months of focused effort by those volunteers involved with the Club we are delighted to have been made this award by the Football Foundation.
"The journey has allowed the Club to further develop its relationship with the Devon County FA who have supported the application from the early stages and have been significant in their support and guidance as we progressed to the final funding bid.
"On behalf of the membership of Bideford Blues & Appledore JFC and further on behalf of the wider community I convey a deep message of thanks to all who have supported us. We now look forward to a new updated facility and to delivering on our exciting new initiatives and development plans going forward.