Marwood's nude calendar was a one-off
FOUR A-Level students from North Devon College have followed in the footsteps of the famous Calendar Girls – but stayed behind the camera to do it! The Friends of Marwood Parish were looking for a new way to raise money and after much discussion and giggl
FOUR A-Level students from North Devon College have followed in the footsteps of the famous Calendar Girls - but stayed behind the camera to do it!
The Friends of Marwood Parish were looking for a new way to raise money and after much discussion and giggling they decided to create a nude calendar, similar to the Calendar Girls film inspired by the true story of a Women's' Institute group who stripped off to raise money.
The Marwood Friends teamed up with students Rob Murray, Josse Pickard, Harriet Thorne and Becca Russell, all aged 18, who volunteered their own time and expertise to take the photographs on location in and around Marwood Church, gardens and local venues.
Rosemary Corner, the driving force behind the idea, was impressed with the response she received from the suggestion and so 25 men and women, including one in their 80s, bravely stepped in front of the camera.
You may also want to watch:
"It really brought the community together and was good fun to do but definitely a one-off!" said Rosemary
"The students were fantastic and very mature about it all. Although we had an idea of what we wanted to do, they came up with their own ideas and suggestions which was great."
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Student Harriet added: "It was really interesting and a lot more involved than anything I've done before as we took part in the whole process.
"It was good to work with different people and we took it in turns to direct them."
Harriet is now due to start a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at North Devon College and eventually hopes to work as a graphic designer in London.
As well as taking the photos the students also designed the calendar and the Friends of Marwood Parish are extremely pleased with the result.
It is now available to buy priced at �5 and the money raised will go towards the upkeep of Marwood Church and local charities.
It is on sale at Marwood Church Hall where the group will be serving up cream teas every Sunday until the end of September and will also be available at the Ring 'o' Bells pub, Prixford and Banbury's Restaurant in Barnstaple...
Alternatively telephone (01271) 850696 to find out where to purchase a copy.
If you are interested in the A Level Graphics course at North Devon College can call the Guidance Centre on (01271) 338125.