It is with sadness that I read about the marina development being turned down. It is a short-sighted decision.
I stayed for a number of consecutive years in Irsha Street in Appledore during the summer months and saw how the village went backwards year by year.
Appledore is slowly dying and this would have given a boost to the ailing town.
I noticed in your picture that the majority of people standing outside the municipal office had very grey hair.
Henry Hartley Snr
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple