It is with sadness that I read about the marina development being turned down. It is a short-sighted decision.
I stayed for a number of consecutive years in Irsha Street in Appledore during the summer months and saw how the village went backwards year by year.
Appledore is slowly dying and this would have given a boost to the ailing town.
I noticed in your picture that the majority of people standing outside the municipal office had very grey hair.
Henry Hartley Snr
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar