It is with sadness that I read about the marina development being turned down. It is a short-sighted decision.
I stayed for a number of consecutive years in Irsha Street in Appledore during the summer months and saw how the village went backwards year by year.
Appledore is slowly dying and this would have given a boost to the ailing town.
I noticed in your picture that the majority of people standing outside the municipal office had very grey hair.
Henry Hartley Snr
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council