Marilyn Monroe brings a touch of glamour to Barnstaple garden centre
Movie-themed Christmas display is named best in the West
A BARNSTAPLE garden centre has been named best in the West for its Christmas display.
Trelawney Garden Centre, at Ashford, was presented with the award for Outstanding Achievement by the Garden Centre Association.
This years display theme – Trelawney goes to the movies – included a Marilyn Monroe set compete with swirling skirts, a Wizard of Oz house and several other movie-themed areas, which provided amusement among the tinsel and baubles.
Manager Caroline Howell-Williams said she was delighted with the award and thanked hard-working staff who spent months planning the idea and two weeks putting it all together.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “As relative newcomers to the GCA, to get this recognition is wonderful news and shows that we are getting it right as far as our customers are concerned.
“But we are not content to stand still now we have shown what we can do. Next on our agenda will be improvements to the layout of our restaurant – watch this space for special events to be held throughout the spring and summer on our newly laid lawn.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'