Marilyn Monroe brings a touch of glamour to Barnstaple garden centre
Movie-themed Christmas display is named best in the West
A BARNSTAPLE garden centre has been named best in the West for its Christmas display.
Trelawney Garden Centre, at Ashford, was presented with the award for Outstanding Achievement by the Garden Centre Association.
This years display theme – Trelawney goes to the movies – included a Marilyn Monroe set compete with swirling skirts, a Wizard of Oz house and several other movie-themed areas, which provided amusement among the tinsel and baubles.
Manager Caroline Howell-Williams said she was delighted with the award and thanked hard-working staff who spent months planning the idea and two weeks putting it all together.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “As relative newcomers to the GCA, to get this recognition is wonderful news and shows that we are getting it right as far as our customers are concerned.
“But we are not content to stand still now we have shown what we can do. Next on our agenda will be improvements to the layout of our restaurant – watch this space for special events to be held throughout the spring and summer on our newly laid lawn.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened