Marathon double act for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Purple Patch: North Devon women taking on the London Marathon this April.
TWO North Devon women are running the Virgin Money London marathon on Sunday, April 13 for the Chemo Appeal.
Hospital Ward Manager Angela Walter and Kerra Davies from Ilfracombe have both been training for the event and are looking forward to the big day.
Angela is a member of North Devon Road Runners, and this will be her gruelling 13th marathon and her sixth London marathon. She trains on the Tarka Trail and is also taking part in the new North Devon Road Runners Barnstaple Marathon on September 28.
Kerra ran the London Marathon five years ago and this will be her second.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Roberts hairdressers is dyeing Angela hair purple and green in support of her chosen charities the Chemotherapy Appeal and Care for Kids.
Since 2003 Angela has raised almost £12,000 for charity through her running. She said: “My chosen charities are local and I have friends and family who have received support from them both.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Kerra Davies added: “I have chosen the chemotherapy unit appeal because I think that living in such a rural area, it will benefit most of us, either directly or indirectly.”
You can sponsor Kerra Davies by contacting her on http://www.justgiving.com/Kerra-Davies or Angela on www.virginmoneygiving.com/Angelawalter