Map’s great, if you see it
I have to respond to the comments by Business Improvement District co-ordinator Sue Rawle (“Putting us on the map”, Gazette, September 19) about the wonderful maps of Barnstaple that have been put up on the back of the tariff boards in two car parks in the town.
Great if you know they are there, but as a newcomer to Barnstaple, still finding my way around, I saw the map on my way back to the car park.
It strikes me that if you want to enhance the visitor experience when providing these kind of “helpful” things, ask yourself the question “Will visitors see them?”
How about putting a pack of pocket-sized maps on the tariff boards so visitors can take and use them to find their way around?
While on the subject, those responsible for the condition of the tatty park-and-ride bus stop outside Barnstaple Town Council offices should be ashamed.
You may also want to watch:
Please don’t tell me there is no money to replace it as there is a company – Adshel – that will replace and maintain it (and others) free of charge.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal