SIR - I would be grateful if you would permit me to express, through your columns, my thanks on the occasion of my being elected as county councillor for the Bideford East District. My success is due to the help and support of those who helped get my mess
SIR - I would be grateful if you would permit me to express, through your columns, my thanks on the occasion of my being elected as county councillor for the Bideford East District.
My success is due to the help and support of those who helped get my message out and those people who voted for me.
To all the residents of Bideford East (which includes Londonderry Farm, Bideford North, East-the-Water, Alverdiscott, Huntshaw, Weare Giffard, Frithelstock, Littleham, Landcross and Monkleigh Parishes, and Bideford South (outer)), I would say that, with the honour of being elected to represent them at County Hall also comes the tremendous task of maximising the effectiveness of that task.
It is essential, therefore, that we maintain the closest possible communication with each other. To that end I will soon be publishing a calendar of councillor surgeries when residents can appraise me of any matter about which I may be of help. That, of course, does not preclude anyone from contacting me by email, telephone or letter on matters of immediate concern.
You may also want to watch:
I look forward with enthusiasm to working with you all for the good of our district.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park