Manor gardens open at Bradninch
Mary Payne winner of a gold medal for the Winchester Grower s stand at this year s Chelsea Flower Show will be at Bradninch Manor on Saturday from 11am – 5pm to answer questions and talk about her planting designs. Twenty gardens will open over the week
Mary Payne winner of a gold medal for the Winchester Grower's stand at this year's Chelsea Flower Show will be at Bradninch Manor on Saturday from 11am - 5pm to answer questions and talk about her planting designs.
Twenty gardens will open over the weekend, ranging from tiny terraces to mini country estates, including a small holding complete with piglets, lambs and ducks, all in aid of Bradninch Music Festival on June 11-13.
Bradninch Manor is open for the first time. The six acre garden has been extensively landscaped and planted to include an intricate formal garden with pleached limes and box edged beds. There are duck ponds, a stream and extensive meandering pathways lined with beds of herbaceous perennials.
Mary Payne who was responsible for the planting schemes at Lady Farm Garden in Somerset has designed the planting schemes at the Manor using extensive prairie style planting. Jill Billington the renowned garden designer and writer has also both worked her magic to help transform the garden into something very special.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the gardens there will be lots of wandering minstrels playing both classical and popular music, plus Bradninch's very own Morris Dancers the Miller Men. Gardens will offer a wide variety of food and drink, from strawberries and cream to ice cream sundaes, plus light lunches and cream teas. There will be art and craft and plant stalls.
Programmes for the weekend are just �5, with children under 14 free. They are on sale on the web site at www.bradninchevents.org, at the Spar shop in Bradninch and Silverton or at the gardens themselves on the day.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386