New Manning’s Best Bitter launched to support the Buy Manning’s Pit Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A new Manning’s Best Bitter has been brewed to help raise money for the Buy Manning’s Pit Appeal.
Some of the proceeds from the brew on offer at Pilton's Reform Inn will go towards bid to raise enough money to buy the local beauty spot Manning's Pit and preserve it from development.
Benjamin Manning, the controversial publican from Pilton who came to local fame (and notoriety) in the 1850s, was surely there in spirit when members of the Friends of Manning's Pit met up at the Reform to sample the new Manning's Best Bitter.
"Ten pence of every pint sold will go towards the campaign," said publican Esther Davies.
"The beer is made by Greys brewery, but my wholesale company (WWC) designed the logo and named the beer for me! It is a 3.6 per cent smooth flow session bitter with a malty flavour."
You may also want to watch:
A 'ghostly tweet' also appeared on twitter from the account of Original Benjamin Manning: 'The Reform have a beer named after me at last! 'ave been waiting 150 years. Tis time for a beer methinks'.
If you'd like to support the appeal, go to https://manningspit.com/buy_mannings_pit .
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics