Man treated for smoke inhalation in Woolsery fire

A man was overcome by smoke when a small fire started in the first floor bedroom of a house in Chapel Street, Woolsery early today (Monday). Fire appliances from Hartland and Bideford attended and found the fire involving flue insulation and cladding in

A man was overcome by smoke when a small fire started in the first floor bedroom of a house in Chapel Street, Woolsery early today (Monday).

Fire appliances from Hartland and Bideford attended and found the fire involving flue insulation and cladding in the chimney breast. They put it out using small tools and a stirrup pump.

The fire fighters used a resuscitator to treat the man and an ambulance also attended the scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter