Man treated for smoke inhalation after flat fire in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to the scene after reports of alarms sounding in the property.
A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a first floor flat yesterday (Sun).
Fire crews from Barnstaple arrived at the scene in Castle Street after a call from a call collection agency reporting alarms sounding.
On arrival at around 5.30pm, fire fighters found the flat was heavily smoke logged and requested an ambulance for the male casualty.
The man was given oxygen therapy by fire fighters while they awaited the arrival of the ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The small fire in the kitchen was extinguished using two breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and ladders for access.
The property was also ventilated using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
It is believed the cause of the fire was accidental.