Man treated for smoke inhalation after fire in Combe Martin
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were scrambled to the scene where a tumble dryer had caught fire.
A MAN was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation after a fire in his house this morning (Friday).
Fire crews were called to the scene in West Challacombe Lane, Combe Martin, at around 8.40am.
They discovered the man and requested the back up of the ambulance service.
The fire involved a tumble dryer in the utility room of the single storey property, measuring eight metres by 14 metres.
You may also want to watch:
The room was severely damaged by smoke and heat, and the rest of the property suffered 80 per cent smoke damage.
The tumble driver was severely damaged.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
Fire crews used four breathing apparatus wearers and two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
They also used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.
The electricity and gas supplies were isolated and the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.