Fire in Lynton completely destroyed shed and severely damaged kitchen in next door property.

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a shed at Lynton spread to the next door property.

Fire fighters were called to Rock Avenue at 12.42pm yesterday (Wednesday) and found the shed well alight.

Crews from Combe Martin and Barnstaple also attended as well as the electricty board, while paramedics were called to treat the man.

Fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and used a hose reel jet to attack the fire.

The blaze, believed to be accidental, completely destroyed the shed and, and caused the kitchen severe heat and smoke damage.