Man trapped by bollards
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple drama as fire fighters free man and dog from stationary car.
FIRE fighters were called to Ebberly Lawn in Barnstaple yesterday (Tuesday) when a man and his dog became trapped in his car as he tried to climb into it.
A fire service spokesman said the man had been sat in his automatic car, with one leg out of the door as he manoeuvred himself into place when he accidentally knocked the gear stick and the car lurched forward.
It struck some railings and bollards, trapping his leg as the door closed. Two fire crews and South Western Ambulance Service were called to the 1.45pm incident after he was unable to free himself.
Fire fighters stabilised the car and six of them lifted it clear it to release his leg. The spokesman said he was treated at the scene by paramedics but did not need to go to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Rescuers were able to reach the dog through a window.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial