Man trapped by bollards
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple drama as fire fighters free man and dog from stationary car.
FIRE fighters were called to Ebberly Lawn in Barnstaple yesterday (Tuesday) when a man and his dog became trapped in his car as he tried to climb into it.
A fire service spokesman said the man had been sat in his automatic car, with one leg out of the door as he manoeuvred himself into place when he accidentally knocked the gear stick and the car lurched forward.
It struck some railings and bollards, trapping his leg as the door closed. Two fire crews and South Western Ambulance Service were called to the 1.45pm incident after he was unable to free himself.
Fire fighters stabilised the car and six of them lifted it clear it to release his leg. The spokesman said he was treated at the scene by paramedics but did not need to go to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Rescuers were able to reach the dog through a window.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment