Man to run entire South West Coast Path
- Credit: Archant
The 58-year-old will be running through North Devon this week and speaking at Rotary Clubs in the region.
ROTARY clubs in North Devon will be supporting a Canadian man who is running 630 miles around the South West Coast Path.
Martin Parnell, 58, has been training in blizzard conditions in Canada and is raising money for the children’s charity Right To Play.
Jacquie Willoughby from the Rotary Club of Bideford said “We are hoping Martin doesn’t bring the snow over with him - we might be due some cold weather.”
Tomorrow (Tuesday) Martin will arrive in North Devon by running 20.9 miles from Minehead to Lynmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Martin will be running 25.8 miles from Lynmouth to Morte Point on Wednesday and speaking at the Braunton Caen Rotary Club.
On Thursday he will run from Morte Point to Bideford (32.3 miles) and speak at the Bideford Rotary Club.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
He will then run 26.8 miles from Bideford to Hartland on Friday, and from Hartland to Crackington Haven on Saturday.
Martin said: “I will run the entire length of the coastline of the southwest peninsula of England, which is the equivalent elevation of climbing Mount Everest four times.
“I would love to have people join me on the route or even give me a cheer at the start of each day.
“Please spread the word so that we can get as many folks involved in this as possible.”