Man threatens to blow up house
Police call in negotiators
POLICE negotiators were called in after a man threatened to blow up his home in Barnstaple.
The police went to a property in Newport Terrace at around 7.40 last night (Wednesday) to check on the man’s welfare because he was threatening to harm himself.
But he became aggressive, refused officers entry and threatened to blow up the property.
The negotiators were called in and a 28-year-old man was arrested at 10.30pm for threatening to commit criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
After being treated for cuts by the ambulance service, the man was taken to North Devon District Hospital before being taken into police custody where he remains.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl