Man threatens to blow up house
Police call in negotiators
POLICE negotiators were called in after a man threatened to blow up his home in Barnstaple.
The police went to a property in Newport Terrace at around 7.40 last night (Wednesday) to check on the man’s welfare because he was threatening to harm himself.
But he became aggressive, refused officers entry and threatened to blow up the property.
The negotiators were called in and a 28-year-old man was arrested at 10.30pm for threatening to commit criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
After being treated for cuts by the ambulance service, the man was taken to North Devon District Hospital before being taken into police custody where he remains.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure