Man threatens to blow up house
Police call in negotiators
POLICE negotiators were called in after a man threatened to blow up his home in Barnstaple.
The police went to a property in Newport Terrace at around 7.40 last night (Wednesday) to check on the man’s welfare because he was threatening to harm himself.
But he became aggressive, refused officers entry and threatened to blow up the property.
The negotiators were called in and a 28-year-old man was arrested at 10.30pm for threatening to commit criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
After being treated for cuts by the ambulance service, the man was taken to North Devon District Hospital before being taken into police custody where he remains.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner