Man threatens to blow up house
Police call in negotiators
POLICE negotiators were called in after a man threatened to blow up his home in Barnstaple.
The police went to a property in Newport Terrace at around 7.40 last night (Wednesday) to check on the man’s welfare because he was threatening to harm himself.
But he became aggressive, refused officers entry and threatened to blow up the property.
The negotiators were called in and a 28-year-old man was arrested at 10.30pm for threatening to commit criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
After being treated for cuts by the ambulance service, the man was taken to North Devon District Hospital before being taken into police custody where he remains.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe