Man taken to hospital with burns following Shebbear fire

Three fire crews tackle garage workshop blaze.

A man was taken to hospital with burns to his hands following a garage blaze in Shebbear last night (Wednesday).

Fire fighters from Holsworthy, Torrington and Hatherleigh were called to the scene just before 9pm.

The fire service said the garage contained propane gas cylinders and was severely damaged by the blaze.

Two crew members donned breathing apparatus and two hose reels plus a thermal imaging camera and tools were used during the incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter