Man taken to hospital after Bideford fire

A MAN was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering from smoke inhalation when fire broke out in the airing cupboard of a house in Bull Hill, Bideford, this morning (Wednesday). Two fire crews from the Bideford and Appledore stations answered a call

A MAN was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering from smoke inhalation when fire broke out in the airing cupboard of a house in Bull Hill, Bideford, this morning (Wednesday).

Two fire crews from the Bideford and Appledore stations answered a call to the two storey terraced house shortly after 10.30am and found a small fire in a first floor airing cupboard involving an immersion heater tank and clothing.

The crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, one covering jet, an extension ladder and a thermal imaging camera in tackling the outbreak.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter