A MAN was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering from smoke inhalation when fire broke out in the airing cupboard of a house in Bull Hill, Bideford, this morning (Wednesday). Two fire crews from the Bideford and Appledore stations answered a call

A MAN was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering from smoke inhalation when fire broke out in the airing cupboard of a house in Bull Hill, Bideford, this morning (Wednesday).

Two fire crews from the Bideford and Appledore stations answered a call to the two storey terraced house shortly after 10.30am and found a small fire in a first floor airing cupboard involving an immersion heater tank and clothing.

The crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, one covering jet, an extension ladder and a thermal imaging camera in tackling the outbreak.