Man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Bideford quay assault
Police say the man in his 20s suffered lacerations and abrasions to his face.
A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an assault on Bideford Quay early yesterday evening (Tues).
The man in his 20s was taken to North Devon District Hospital with lacerations and abrasions to his face after the attack around 6.30pm.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing GBH and is currently still in custody awaiting interview.
It is believed the victim was attacked with a glass bottle.
Police officers taped off the scene while investigations were underway.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Police on 101 quoting crime reference number CD12/1825.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'