Man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Bideford quay assault
Police say the man in his 20s suffered lacerations and abrasions to his face.
A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an assault on Bideford Quay early yesterday evening (Tues).
The man in his 20s was taken to North Devon District Hospital with lacerations and abrasions to his face after the attack around 6.30pm.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing GBH and is currently still in custody awaiting interview.
It is believed the victim was attacked with a glass bottle.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers taped off the scene while investigations were underway.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Police on 101 quoting crime reference number CD12/1825.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple