Man suffers facial injuries in riverside attack
- Credit: Archant
Police seek witnesses to Bideford assault in broad daylight.
A 48-year-old man suffered facial and arm injuries in a riverside assault in Bideford.
The victim was allegedly attacked on the pathway by the Bank End car park, on Monday, December 2, at around 2.30pm.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 40s. He is thought to be at least 6ft tall.
Police are keen to speak to a number of potential witnesses, particularly two men from a nearby white van who broke up the incident and prevented the victim from receiving further injury.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information, especially the two men in the van, is asked to contact DC David Major at Bideford CID by dialling 101, quoting crime ref. CD/13/2278.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple