Man suffers facial injuries in riverside attack
- Credit: Archant
Police seek witnesses to Bideford assault in broad daylight.
A 48-year-old man suffered facial and arm injuries in a riverside assault in Bideford.
The victim was allegedly attacked on the pathway by the Bank End car park, on Monday, December 2, at around 2.30pm.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 40s. He is thought to be at least 6ft tall.
Police are keen to speak to a number of potential witnesses, particularly two men from a nearby white van who broke up the incident and prevented the victim from receiving further injury.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information, especially the two men in the van, is asked to contact DC David Major at Bideford CID by dialling 101, quoting crime ref. CD/13/2278.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford