Man suffers broken hip in ‘unprovoked’ Barnstaple attack
- Credit: Archant
The man in his 50s is recovering in hospital after being pushed to the floor and kicked by man asking for cigarettes and drink.
A man suffered a broken hip after an unprovoked assault in Barnstaple.
The victim was approached by another man in Well Street at around 11pm on Friday, April 22, and asked for a cigarette, drink or money.
When the victim said he didn’t have any of the items requested he was grabbed by the offender and pushed up against the wall.
Police said the man threw him to the floor where he was kicked about the head and body.
You may also want to watch:
The man, in his 50s, suffered serious injuries and required surgery on a broken leg and hip.
He remains in hospital recovering from his injuries.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Police are investigating the serious assault and appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to contact them.
They are particularly keen to hear from the members of the public who went to the man’s aid after the attack.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 101, quoting crime reference CR/027248/16.