WATCH: Man skis through the streets of Bideford
- Credit: Archant
A brave adventurer went off-piste when he decided to ski down the streets of Bideford last night (Thursday).
While most were tucked up in bed warm last night, one brave adventurer took to the slopes of Bideford on his skis.
Leo Maunder, who owns Number 6 Taxis in Bideford, spent the evening giving lifts to people stuck in the town until 2am.
He then climbed up to the Pannier Market, donned his skis, and zipped down through the deserted, snowy streets.
Leo said: “I had to wait until the early hours of the morning so it was empty.
You may also want to watch:
“I wasn’t sure how fast I was going to go as I’ve never seen anyone do it before.
“The whole of last night we had a lot of people stuck in Bideford and coming into our office because the lights were on.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
“So I spent the night taking people home free of charge in my truck.”