Man’s body found near picnic lay-by
Police investigate early morning A39 discovery
POLICE have found a man’s body near a lay-by on the A39 near Barnstaple.
The deceased was discovered in woodland by the Rooks Bridge picnic area at around 6.20am today (Thursday).
Suspicion was aroused after patrol officers noticed an abandoned vehicle with the keys still inside.
The toilet area on the Barnstaple to Bideford side of the road has been completely cordoned off to enable investigations to take place.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Police are investigating to establish the circumstances and are keeping an open mind at this time.”
Check back here for more information as we have it.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 9 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes