Man’s body found near picnic lay-by
Police investigate early morning A39 discovery
POLICE have found a man’s body near a lay-by on the A39 near Barnstaple.
The deceased was discovered in woodland by the Rooks Bridge picnic area at around 6.20am today (Thursday).
Suspicion was aroused after patrol officers noticed an abandoned vehicle with the keys still inside.
The toilet area on the Barnstaple to Bideford side of the road has been completely cordoned off to enable investigations to take place.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Police are investigating to establish the circumstances and are keeping an open mind at this time.”
Check back here for more information as we have it.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty