Man rescued from fire at house in Vicarage Street
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines were called to the three-storey mid-terraced property in Barnstaple.
A MAN had to be rescued by fire fighters after a fire broke out in the first floor bedroom of a house in Barnstaple on Friday.
Two crews from Barnstaple were called to the scene at 7.50pm, with reports that a person was still in the mid-terraced house in Vicarage Street.
Upon arrival the crews requested an additional pump to attend from Braunton.
Within 15 minutes everyone had been accounted for, with one man rescued by firefighters and later taken to hospital by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Crews used five breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a covering jet to combat the blaze in the first floor lounge of the three-storey building.
A fire investigation is ongoing to determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 3 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 4 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators