Man rescued from fire at house in Vicarage Street
- Credit: Archant
Three fire engines were called to the three-storey mid-terraced property in Barnstaple.
A MAN had to be rescued by fire fighters after a fire broke out in the first floor bedroom of a house in Barnstaple on Friday.
Two crews from Barnstaple were called to the scene at 7.50pm, with reports that a person was still in the mid-terraced house in Vicarage Street.
Upon arrival the crews requested an additional pump to attend from Braunton.
Within 15 minutes everyone had been accounted for, with one man rescued by firefighters and later taken to hospital by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Crews used five breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a covering jet to combat the blaze in the first floor lounge of the three-storey building.
A fire investigation is ongoing to determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern