Man rescued from cement mixer in South Molton
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews had to cut man - who suffered leg injuries - from cement drum in South Molton.
A MAN had to be rescued yesterday (Sunday) afternoon after becoming trapped in a cement mixer in South Molton.
The air ambulance attended the scene at Pathfields Industrial Estate as well as fire crews from South Molton, the aerial ladder and special rescue vehicle from Barnstaple and the heavy rescue vehicle from Middlemoor.
Crews arrived at around 4.20pm and administered first aid on the casualty while attempting to extricate him from the machine.
He was cut out of the cement drum using heavy rescue equipment and ladders.
You may also want to watch:
The man had sustained leg injuries and was taken to hospital by ambulance.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'