Man led to safety after cooker fire in Bideford

Two fire engines attended the scene after reports of a smoke alarm sounding.

TWO fire engines were called to a flat in Pynes Lane, Bideford, on Saturday evening after a cooker caught fire.

Crews from Appledore and Bideford were alerted to sounds of a smoke alarm going off and discovered the first floor flat heavily smoke logged.

The fire was out when crews arrived and a man was led to safety.

Crews inspected the property and found the cause of the fire to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter