Man in intensive care after serious assault in Bideford
POLICE in Bideford have issued an urgent appeal for witnesses after a 38-year-old local man suffered serious injuries in an assault in the town last night (Monday). The victim, who remains seriously ill in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, was attacked at the
POLICE in Bideford have issued an urgent appeal for witnesses after a 38-year-old local man suffered serious injuries in an assault in the town last night (Monday).
The victim, who remains seriously ill in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, was attacked at the Kenwith Valley Reservoir, Northam Road, Bideford, at around 7pm.
A police spokesman said: "We urgently need to speak with anyone who was in this location between 6.30pm and 8pm last night.
"We know that this is a popular spot for people out walking their dogs and would appeal to anyone who knows or saw anything untoward to please come forward and speak to us."
You may also want to watch:
Two 15-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and remain in custody where they await questioning.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777444 or Crimestoppers quoting 1036 060709.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington