Man in Bickington bungalow fire dies

AN elderly bachelor has died following a fire at his Bickington home early on Monday morning. The man, who has not yet been named by police, was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance after being rescued from the blazing bungalow in Lyddicle

AN elderly bachelor has died following a fire at his Bickington home early on Monday morning.The man, who has not yet been named by police, was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance after being rescued from the blazing bungalow in Lyddicleave Road at around 5.49am.The cause of death has not been confirmed but it is believed he died of smoke inhalation.A postman is believed to have raised the alarm on his way to work after seeing smoke bellowing from a back bedroom window of the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus