Man hospitalised after Holsworthy barn fire
A man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation yesterday (Thursday) afternoon following a barn fire at Holsworthy.
Holsworthy, Hatherleigh and Bude fire crews were called to the scene on the A3072 Windmill Road just before 3pm, together with the water carrier from Barnstaple.
The barn was well alight and all of the 50 plus straw bales inside were destroyed by the blaze, together with around a quarter of the structure.
Fire-fighters used two breathing apparatus sets, two hose reel jets, one main jet, a water shuttle via the water bowser and a mechanical digger to extinguish the fire and remove the contents from the barn.
The casualty received treatment for smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital by South Western Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service said it was also a minor asbestos incident.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'