Man hospitalised after Holsworthy barn fire
A man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation yesterday (Thursday) afternoon following a barn fire at Holsworthy.
Holsworthy, Hatherleigh and Bude fire crews were called to the scene on the A3072 Windmill Road just before 3pm, together with the water carrier from Barnstaple.
The barn was well alight and all of the 50 plus straw bales inside were destroyed by the blaze, together with around a quarter of the structure.
Fire-fighters used two breathing apparatus sets, two hose reel jets, one main jet, a water shuttle via the water bowser and a mechanical digger to extinguish the fire and remove the contents from the barn.
The casualty received treatment for smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital by South Western Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service said it was also a minor asbestos incident.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton