Man hospitalised after Bideford drug incident
Two men are in police custody following an incident in Silver Street yesterday.
A MAN is in hospital and two people have been arrested following an incident in Bideford last night (Tuesday).
An ambulance was called to the scene in Silver Street where the man was found on the street at around 8.25pm.
The man in his early forties arrived at the hospital in a serious condition after being found unconscious on the street but is now in a stable, sedated condition.
Two men aged 33 and 44 have been arrested on suspicion of administering an illegal substance and are currently in police custody awaiting interview.
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently investigating the circumstances in which the man was found and believe it to be drug related.
A police spokesman said: “This is an isolated incident and we want to reassure the public that there is nothing to worry about.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
“We want to stress that this is still early in the investigation and we are keeping an open mind as to what has happened.
“We’re waiting to interview the two men in custody and we hope to speak to the man in hospital over the next few days.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call 101 and quote reference CD/12/1135 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.