Man from North Devon dies in Kenya
Local detectives are awaiting the results of a post-mortem to established the circumstances surrounding the man’s death.
A NORTH Devon man has died in Kenya after collapsing moments before boarding a military ship on Tuesday.
Benjamin Ryalls, 34, was believed to be boarding the MV SVS Frobisher in Mombasa where he worked as a maritime security officer.
According to African news reports, Mr Ryalls was taken to Pandya Hospital around 4am where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Detectives in Mombasa are awaiting post-mortem results to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the death.
The foreign office confirmed the death of a British National in Kenya on Tuesday but would not comment further.
*Would you like to leave a tribute to Mr Ryalls? Get in touch by calling 01271 341658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity