Man from North Devon dies in Kenya
Local detectives are awaiting the results of a post-mortem to established the circumstances surrounding the man’s death.
A NORTH Devon man has died in Kenya after collapsing moments before boarding a military ship on Tuesday.
Benjamin Ryalls, 34, was believed to be boarding the MV SVS Frobisher in Mombasa where he worked as a maritime security officer.
According to African news reports, Mr Ryalls was taken to Pandya Hospital around 4am where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Detectives in Mombasa are awaiting post-mortem results to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the death.
You may also want to watch:
The foreign office confirmed the death of a British National in Kenya on Tuesday but would not comment further.
*Would you like to leave a tribute to Mr Ryalls? Get in touch by calling 01271 341658 or email email@example.com or leave a comment below.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted