Man from North Devon dies in Kenya
Local detectives are awaiting the results of a post-mortem to established the circumstances surrounding the man’s death.
A NORTH Devon man has died in Kenya after collapsing moments before boarding a military ship on Tuesday.
Benjamin Ryalls, 34, was believed to be boarding the MV SVS Frobisher in Mombasa where he worked as a maritime security officer.
According to African news reports, Mr Ryalls was taken to Pandya Hospital around 4am where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Detectives in Mombasa are awaiting post-mortem results to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the death.
You may also want to watch:
The foreign office confirmed the death of a British National in Kenya on Tuesday but would not comment further.
*Would you like to leave a tribute to Mr Ryalls? Get in touch by calling 01271 341658 or email email@example.com or leave a comment below.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand