Man found unconscious in Bideford Pannier Market named locally
- Credit: Archant
Floral tributes have been left to the 25-year-old who died after being found unconscious in the market toilets on Monday.
A number of floral tributes have been left at Bideford Pannier Market to a man who died after being found unconscious in the toilets.
The 25-year-old man has been named locally as Chris Lawrence, from Westward Ho!
Several bouquets of flowers have been left at the market, as well as a number of writings on the wall of the toilet.
They include ‘R.I.P Chris’, ‘We love you Monk’, and ‘never forgotten, always loved’.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes have also been pouring in on Mr Lawrence’s Facebook page from friends and family who refer to him by the nickname ‘Monkey’ or ‘Monk’.
Police were called to the scene just before 3.30pm on Monday afternoon by paramedics but Mr Lawrence was pronounced dead an hour later.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
- 10 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
Officers confirmed formal identification had yet been carried out.
A 32-year-old man from Bude was arrested in connection with the death on suspicion of administering noxious substance, but was released on bail.