Man found unconscious in Bideford Pannier Market named locally
- Credit: Archant
Floral tributes have been left to the 25-year-old who died after being found unconscious in the market toilets on Monday.
A number of floral tributes have been left at Bideford Pannier Market to a man who died after being found unconscious in the toilets.
The 25-year-old man has been named locally as Chris Lawrence, from Westward Ho!
Several bouquets of flowers have been left at the market, as well as a number of writings on the wall of the toilet.
They include ‘R.I.P Chris’, ‘We love you Monk’, and ‘never forgotten, always loved’.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes have also been pouring in on Mr Lawrence’s Facebook page from friends and family who refer to him by the nickname ‘Monkey’ or ‘Monk’.
Police were called to the scene just before 3.30pm on Monday afternoon by paramedics but Mr Lawrence was pronounced dead an hour later.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Officers confirmed formal identification had yet been carried out.
A 32-year-old man from Bude was arrested in connection with the death on suspicion of administering noxious substance, but was released on bail.