Man found dead on beach at Berrynarbor
- Credit: Archant
Police investigate after man found dead at bottom of steep flight of steps onto beach near Ilfracombe.
A man found unconcious on the beach at Berrynarbor this morning (Sunday) has died.
Police are investigating after the man was found at around 3am.
A police spokesman said the death was being treated as ‘unexplained’ but one line of investigation was that the man had fallen down some ‘steep steps’.
The man, in his late 30s, was flown to Swansea Hospital by the Chivenor Search and Rescue helicopter - its last operational mission.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
- 1 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 2 North Devon’s Christmas Farmers Markets back at The Big Sheep for 2021
- 3 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 North Devon Rugby Ramble returns for 2022
- 6 Children's Hospice South West opens new shop in Barnstaple
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
- 9 Council to ask government to lower uniform costs for 'people struggling financially'
- 10 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation