Man found dead in Hartland caravan fire
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man, believed to be in his 30s, was discovered in the burnt out caravan.
THE body of a man has been discovered in a burnt out caravan after a fire in Hartland in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Fire fighters made the discovery after being called to reports of smoke issuing from the caravan on a fire at around 12.30am.
When crews from Hartland and Bideford arrived they discovered the caravan was well alight and got to work combating the flames.
The body of a man, thought to be in his 30s, was discovered in the burnt out caravan which was completely destroyed in the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officers and police officers are investigating the cause of the fire but it is not believed to be suspicious.
Formal identification of the body has not yet taken place.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new