Man flees Bideford kitchen fire

Disaster averted by firefighters tackling late night cooker blaze

A MAN had a lucky escape after fire engulfed a kitchen in Bideford last night (Tuesday).

Two fire crews from the town were called to tackle the blaze in a ground floor flat in Newton Road at around 10.30pm.

The fire, thought to involve a cooker, was extinguished with one hose reel and a covering jet by fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus.

The casualty was treated on scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation before being transferred to hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus