Man dies after falling into pond at Hartland
- Credit: Archant
The 68-year-old man was rescued by fire fighters after falling off his mobility scooter on Wednesday.
A MAN from Hartland has died after falling off his mobility scooter into a pond at Mettaford Cross on Wednesday.
The 68-year-old man was found by police officers shortly after 4pm who quickly called the fire service to come to his rescue.
Fire fighters from Hartland assisted the man in escaping the water and administered him oxygen.
A paramedic rapid response vehicle also attended the scene and the man was taken to hospital in an ambulance to be checked over.
You may also want to watch:
But a police spokesman confirmed that on Friday their log was updated to say the man had died.
Officers are now preparing a report for the coroner.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes