Man dies after falling into pond at Hartland
- Credit: Archant
The 68-year-old man was rescued by fire fighters after falling off his mobility scooter on Wednesday.
A MAN from Hartland has died after falling off his mobility scooter into a pond at Mettaford Cross on Wednesday.
The 68-year-old man was found by police officers shortly after 4pm who quickly called the fire service to come to his rescue.
Fire fighters from Hartland assisted the man in escaping the water and administered him oxygen.
A paramedic rapid response vehicle also attended the scene and the man was taken to hospital in an ambulance to be checked over.
You may also want to watch:
But a police spokesman confirmed that on Friday their log was updated to say the man had died.
Officers are now preparing a report for the coroner.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising