Man dies after car careers 40ft down embankment
- Credit: Archant
Vehicle lands in trees after veering off A396 near Bampton.
A MOTORIST has died after his car left the road and fell 40ft down an embankment and into trees.
The man, the only occupant of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on the A396 near Bampton.
Emergency services were alerted to the incident, just south of Cove near Bickleigh Wood, at around 4.50pm today (Friday).
A police spokesperson said enquiries were ongoing and next of kin were being informed.
You may also want to watch:
The A396 is closed in both directions between the B3227 junction in Bampton and the A361 junction in Bolham and is likely to remain so for a number of hours.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 101 quoting log number 515 25/01/13.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new