Man dies after car careers 40ft down embankment
- Credit: Archant
Vehicle lands in trees after veering off A396 near Bampton.
A MOTORIST has died after his car left the road and fell 40ft down an embankment and into trees.
The man, the only occupant of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on the A396 near Bampton.
Emergency services were alerted to the incident, just south of Cove near Bickleigh Wood, at around 4.50pm today (Friday).
A police spokesperson said enquiries were ongoing and next of kin were being informed.
The A396 is closed in both directions between the B3227 junction in Bampton and the A361 junction in Bolham and is likely to remain so for a number of hours.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 101 quoting log number 515 25/01/13.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage