Man dies after car careers 40ft down embankment
- Credit: Archant
Vehicle lands in trees after veering off A396 near Bampton.
A MOTORIST has died after his car left the road and fell 40ft down an embankment and into trees.
The man, the only occupant of the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on the A396 near Bampton.
Emergency services were alerted to the incident, just south of Cove near Bickleigh Wood, at around 4.50pm today (Friday).
A police spokesperson said enquiries were ongoing and next of kin were being informed.
You may also want to watch:
The A396 is closed in both directions between the B3227 junction in Bampton and the A361 junction in Bolham and is likely to remain so for a number of hours.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 101 quoting log number 515 25/01/13.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience