Man cut from car following Holsworthy collision
Two taken to hospital after Friday night smash.
FIRE crews had to cut a mjan free from his precariously balanced car following a collision between two vehicles in Holsworthy on Friday night.
Emergency services were called to the scene in Windmill Road at around 9.45pm to find one car wedged in a hedge. Fire fighters from Holsworthy and Hatherleigh stabilised the vehicle before using hydraulic cutting equipment to free the casualty.
The person in the other vehicle was not trapped. Both casualties were taken to hospital by South Western Ambulance Service.
Police said a man had sustained a leg injury but no life threatening or life changing injuries had been reported.
You may also want to watch:
The cars involved were a blue Vauxhall Zafira and a blue Vauxhall Astra, both registered to the Holsworthy area.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford