Man cut from car following Holsworthy collision
Two taken to hospital after Friday night smash.
FIRE crews had to cut a mjan free from his precariously balanced car following a collision between two vehicles in Holsworthy on Friday night.
Emergency services were called to the scene in Windmill Road at around 9.45pm to find one car wedged in a hedge. Fire fighters from Holsworthy and Hatherleigh stabilised the vehicle before using hydraulic cutting equipment to free the casualty.
The person in the other vehicle was not trapped. Both casualties were taken to hospital by South Western Ambulance Service.
Police said a man had sustained a leg injury but no life threatening or life changing injuries had been reported.
You may also want to watch:
The cars involved were a blue Vauxhall Zafira and a blue Vauxhall Astra, both registered to the Holsworthy area.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs