Man ‘brandishing knife’ cautioned
Police respond to reports of a man threatening people with a knife in Barnstaple.
A MAN allegedly brandishing a knife around a Barnstaple industrial estate on Wednesday has been cautioned by police.
Police were alerted by a 999 call at around 1.10pm to reports of a man threatening people with a knife in Howard Avenue.
A police spokesman said a dispute had reportedly broken out between several men in the street.
Officers reported to the scene immediately and approached a man walking along Eastern Avenue fitting the description of the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old local man was detained by a police dog at around 1.40pm and officers recovered a weapon in nearby shrubbery.
He was cautioned for affray and released without charge.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council