Man ‘brandishing knife’ cautioned
Police respond to reports of a man threatening people with a knife in Barnstaple.
A MAN allegedly brandishing a knife around a Barnstaple industrial estate on Wednesday has been cautioned by police.
Police were alerted by a 999 call at around 1.10pm to reports of a man threatening people with a knife in Howard Avenue.
A police spokesman said a dispute had reportedly broken out between several men in the street.
Officers reported to the scene immediately and approached a man walking along Eastern Avenue fitting the description of the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old local man was detained by a police dog at around 1.40pm and officers recovered a weapon in nearby shrubbery.
He was cautioned for affray and released without charge.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs