Man ‘brandishing knife’ cautioned
Police respond to reports of a man threatening people with a knife in Barnstaple.
A MAN allegedly brandishing a knife around a Barnstaple industrial estate on Wednesday has been cautioned by police.
Police were alerted by a 999 call at around 1.10pm to reports of a man threatening people with a knife in Howard Avenue.
A police spokesman said a dispute had reportedly broken out between several men in the street.
Officers reported to the scene immediately and approached a man walking along Eastern Avenue fitting the description of the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old local man was detained by a police dog at around 1.40pm and officers recovered a weapon in nearby shrubbery.
He was cautioned for affray and released without charge.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses