Man attacked in Barnstaple subway
Group set upon victim on his return from supermarket
AN 18-year old man was punched in the face when he was set upon by a group of youths in a Barnstaple subway.
The alleged attack took place near the Tesco supermarket at Rose Lane, Whiddon Valley at 11pm on Wednesday, May 11.
On his way to the supermarket, the victim was verbally abused by a group of around eight 17-20-year-olds who were playing with a ball in the underpass.
He went into the store but on his return one member of the group grabbed him and pulled him towards the other youths. Another member of the group then punched him four times, causing him cuts to his head and a swollen right cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Barnstaple are appealing for any witnesses to the attack. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 08452 777 444, quoting reference CB/11/1400.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home