Man attacked in Barnstaple subway
Group set upon victim on his return from supermarket
AN 18-year old man was punched in the face when he was set upon by a group of youths in a Barnstaple subway.
The alleged attack took place near the Tesco supermarket at Rose Lane, Whiddon Valley at 11pm on Wednesday, May 11.
On his way to the supermarket, the victim was verbally abused by a group of around eight 17-20-year-olds who were playing with a ball in the underpass.
He went into the store but on his return one member of the group grabbed him and pulled him towards the other youths. Another member of the group then punched him four times, causing him cuts to his head and a swollen right cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Barnstaple are appealing for any witnesses to the attack. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 08452 777 444, quoting reference CB/11/1400.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021