Man attacked in Barnstaple subway
Group set upon victim on his return from supermarket
AN 18-year old man was punched in the face when he was set upon by a group of youths in a Barnstaple subway.
The alleged attack took place near the Tesco supermarket at Rose Lane, Whiddon Valley at 11pm on Wednesday, May 11.
On his way to the supermarket, the victim was verbally abused by a group of around eight 17-20-year-olds who were playing with a ball in the underpass.
He went into the store but on his return one member of the group grabbed him and pulled him towards the other youths. Another member of the group then punched him four times, causing him cuts to his head and a swollen right cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Barnstaple are appealing for any witnesses to the attack. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 08452 777 444, quoting reference CB/11/1400.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon