Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after Ilfracombe collision
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe man taken to custody after Mazda MX5 overturned in the early hours of this morning (Mon).
AN Ilfracombe man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving this morning (Mon) after a collision on St Brannock’s Road in Ilfracombe.
The 46-year-old man was trapped in the Mazda MX5 when it overturned at around 5.40am, but managed to escape the vehicle after police were called.
A police spokesman said it appeared the car had hit a wall before overturning and blocking the road.
The man was treated on the scene by paramedics for a cut hand, before being taken to custody in Barnstaple Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
A fire crew from Ilfracombe also attended the scene to make the vehicle safe.
The car, which was the only vehicle involved in the collision, was recovered at around 6.30am and the road is now clear.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley