Man arrested in drugs raid on Barnstaple house
POLICE in Barnstaple have arrested a 41 year-old man on suspicion of drug possession after he was found living illegally in a house in East Park Road.. Officers went to the property to execute a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, They forc
POLICE in Barnstaple have arrested a 41 year-old man on suspicion of drug possession after he was found living illegally in a house in East Park Road..
Officers went to the property to execute a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, They forced the door to gain entry and during the search found a quantity of what is believed to be Class A drugs.
Housing officers from North Devon homes were also in attendance .
PC Glyn Clark, the neighbourhood beat manager for the Whiddon Valley area, said: "Local police work very closely with housing providers to ensure that all tenants conduct themselves in a responsible and social manner, that does not aversely impact on other members of the community
You may also want to watch:
"This operation is one of a series that support local policing priorities set by the community, and we are committed to further improving the quality of life within Barnstaple, and targeting those who participate in such harmful activities."
The 41-year-old man has been released on bail to return to Barnstaple police station on January 28, 2010..
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land