Man arrested in drugs raid on Barnstaple house
POLICE in Barnstaple have arrested a 41 year-old man on suspicion of drug possession after he was found living illegally in a house in East Park Road.. Officers went to the property to execute a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, They forc
POLICE in Barnstaple have arrested a 41 year-old man on suspicion of drug possession after he was found living illegally in a house in East Park Road..
Officers went to the property to execute a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, They forced the door to gain entry and during the search found a quantity of what is believed to be Class A drugs.
Housing officers from North Devon homes were also in attendance .
PC Glyn Clark, the neighbourhood beat manager for the Whiddon Valley area, said: "Local police work very closely with housing providers to ensure that all tenants conduct themselves in a responsible and social manner, that does not aversely impact on other members of the community
You may also want to watch:
"This operation is one of a series that support local policing priorities set by the community, and we are committed to further improving the quality of life within Barnstaple, and targeting those who participate in such harmful activities."
The 41-year-old man has been released on bail to return to Barnstaple police station on January 28, 2010..
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer