Man arrested after ‘ram raid’ on school
Police arrested a man after the alleged raid on a Barnstaple school.
POLICE have arrested a 32-year-old man after an alleged ‘ram raid’ on Pilton Community College.
Officers were alerted by an alarm going off in the school around 10.20pm yesterday (Tues).
A police spokesman said it is believed a car was driven into a pair of double pane doors in the technology site.
The car is then alleged to have driven off and the man was later arrested.
He was later released on bail pending further investigations.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?