Man arrested after fire at Holsworthy hotel
- Credit: Archant
Police and fire crews called to the White Hart on Wednesday afternoon.
A man has been arrested after a fire in a bedroom at the White Hart Hotel in Holsworthy on Wednesday, May 28.
Three fire crews from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh and Bude were called out to the premises at around 2.20pm.
Police were also called after reports of a disturbance in one of the rooms, which had smoke coming from it when officers arrived.
When firefighters got into the room they found a small fire involving bedding and carpet. Police said the fire had caused an estimated £1,000 in damage.
You may also want to watch:
A 39-year-old man from Bideford was arrested and was bailed following further investigations until July 7.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved