Man and dog rescued after Appledore chip pan fire

ONE man and his dog were rescued from an Appledore flat by fire fighters last night (Thursday) after a chip pan caught fire. Crews from Appledore and Bideford were called to the address at The Mount just before 8pm after smoke was reported coming from the

ONE man and his dog were rescued from an Appledore flat by fire fighters last night (Thursday) after a chip pan caught fire.

Crews from Appledore and Bideford were called to the address at The Mount just before 8pm after smoke was reported coming from the property.

Two crew members donned breathing apparatus and after the man and his pet were led from the building, two hoses were used to put out the fire, which left the property with substantial smoke damage.

The man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics from South Western Ambulance Service.


You may also want to watch:


The fire service has advised people not to leave cooking unattended.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter