Man airlifted to hospital after meat lorry overturns
Driver in serious condition at Derriford after his HGV overturns near Winkleigh.
A driver was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after his 7.5 tonne meat lorry overturned on the A3124 near Winkleigh.
The incident was discovered just after 9am by a local fire fighter and a fire crew from Torrington was mobilised, together with police and ambulance crews.
They discovered the driver suffering from shock and losing consciousness, while the lorry was on its side and unstable.
Devon Air Ambulance flew the casualty to Derriford in Plymouth, where his condition is thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews stayed on scene for some time to make the HGV vehicle safe and await its recovery.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened