Man airlifted to hospital after meat lorry overturns
Driver in serious condition at Derriford after his HGV overturns near Winkleigh.
A driver was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after his 7.5 tonne meat lorry overturned on the A3124 near Winkleigh.
The incident was discovered just after 9am by a local fire fighter and a fire crew from Torrington was mobilised, together with police and ambulance crews.
They discovered the driver suffering from shock and losing consciousness, while the lorry was on its side and unstable.
Devon Air Ambulance flew the casualty to Derriford in Plymouth, where his condition is thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews stayed on scene for some time to make the HGV vehicle safe and await its recovery.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections